Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Aerosmith Rocks Bangalore!


Aersomith Rocked Saturday night BIG BIG time!!
I went with a few friends. I reached there pretty much in time by BST[Bengali Standard Time] (Read: 7:30pm :) ).
In the queue I literally bumped into Loy Mendonsa!!! After braving the long serpentine queue, luckily for me I had still reached pretty much in time as the band started off around 8:30 with surprisingly no opening band gig.
Anyways, the atmosphere there was pretty much resembled that of a picnic [As in I was right at the end of the crowd, standing a few feet behind the entire crowd.].. people were busy sipping coke.. eating corn and egg/chic rolls.. and even biriyani :) :).
However once the show started, it was pure mazzzzikk!! Inspite of standing so far back, i could distinctly feel the pulse of the show. Steven Tyler and Joe Perry were outstanding. They actually got away without playing hits like Crazy and Dude [Looks like a lady] and no one even bothered! Their rendition of Dream On and What it takes were brilliant to say the least!
A classic from Joe Perry: "We had always wanted to play in India, which is fabulous not for the roaming elephants or the painting stuff that people put on their hands. We appreciate you for all the good reasons, and that is Kama Sutra! That book is all about messing up and so is this next number".
A hillarious incident happened in the concert. I had finished off all my fags and was wondering if someone would lend me some.. Then I noticed this dude who was roaming around with an unlit cigarette looking here n there.. obviously looking for a light. I coyly took a book of matches out of mah jeans.. and lo the guy came over asking for a light. I replied... " 'course.. can u can have a light, can i have a cigarette??!!" :) :) The guy was too amused to hear that.. and started laughing like mad.. and passed on one. While passing on the fag he said.."dude.. ur one Son of a B****" ;-) :-P
LOlzzzz!! :)
Anyways my job was done.. the rest of the concert went smooth.. and I left for home with a major Aero-HangOver.
Cheers!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Thu Jun 07, 09:44:00 PM, Blogger Pritesh Jain said...

khub bhalo..

 
At Sun Jun 10, 01:23:00 PM, Blogger TheGreatOne said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Sun Jun 10, 01:24:00 PM, Blogger TheGreatOne said...

Nice stuff!! :)
am not talkin abt weedy!! :p

i donno whether i can say..i missed it..coz i hardly listen to aero...

 
At Mon Jun 18, 12:04:00 PM, Blogger Nasal Crooner said...

well it was a very compact nd polished performance...
am sure u wud've liked it :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home